You need to always be looking for ways to improve your online reputation management strategy.
It is just like any other part of your business – you business website, social media account, and culture.
Your online reputation management strategy needs to be agile, a living breathing part of your culture that can be conveyed in a vision statement.
Does your company have a vision statement?
You are a rockstar of a recruiter after my own heart.
Here are a few top questions searched for by people like you who are concerned with their online reputation management strategy.
What is online reputation management?
Online Reputation Management as defined by Techopedia:
Online reputation management (ORM) is the practice of crafting strategies that shape or influence the public perception of an organization, individual or other entity on the Internet. It helps drive public opinion about a business and its products and services.
Why is online reputation management important?
Your online reputation is extremely important, because this is how top talent job searchers find information about your company.
According to Forbes:
Company review sites allow readers to see anonymous information and comments from current and former employees about practically everything related to a certain business: from how comfortable employees are with management to employee compensation packages. And it’s compensation where employees are growing the most empowered. In fact, compensation and benefits information on these websites are the most important pieces of information for most readers. – Forbes
If you have poor reputation management, then you are more than likely missing out on top talent who are searching for jobs that have the cultural fit they desire.
How can you improve your online reputation management?
- Research all mentions of your brand with brand mention tools like Buzzsumo.
- Review job sites like Glassdoor, Indeed, and Monster.
- Take the feedback that is given and research it internally.
- Make changes and focus on asking new and existing employees for reviews.
- Use RVWBOT to automate the reviews of new-hires and existing employees.
- Use the automated review process to increase positive reviews of your company.
How can you ensure that you have a good internet reputation?
To ensure you have a good internet reputation, you need to fine tune your online reputation management strategy.
In addition to the steps above..
- You need to follow up with employees who have received the Slack notification asking them to leave an employee review.
- Reach out to existing employees and ask them to leave a review.
- Lastly, gamify the employee review process! You can make it fun and even find ways to incentivize employees to leave reviews.
Improving your online reputation management strategy is hard work.
It is a long-term strategy, meaning that the process will take time, consistency, persistence, and most importantly, patience.
It will very rewarding seeing your company’s reputation improve month over month and even year over year.
The quality of your recruitment efforts will improve greatly.
Taking the feedback that comes from the increase in company reviews will prove invaluable as you proactively improve broken processes.
You cannot force an employee to leave a company review.
You can always find creative was to combine automation and incentives to make it easier for your employees to leave company reviews.